The following tweets were published in order to establish an Islamic etiquette in tweeting – #TwitterFiqh.
Remember these wise words:
- Do not feel entitled to comment negatively on something you disagree with. You do not have the right to criticize and critique everything.
- Leave off what doesn’t concern you directly/personally and turn to that which concerns you personally.
- If you have nothing good to say, keep quiet.
- It is a form of deception to transmit everything you hear or read from one group to others.
- The one who carries a tale from one person to another to cause dissension shall not enter Jannah.
- To speak truthfully about someone not present in a way that they would dislike is sinful gheebah, punishable in the grave and hereafter.
- Advice is intended to be sincere (meaning intimate, personal, and best done privately according to your ability [see one & two]).
- DON’T ever speak on behalf of Allah. You have an opinion that was taught to you. OTHERS have opinions too.
- Love for others what you would love for yourself.
- The one who shelters the mistake of someone, Allah will conceal their mistakes.
Bonus: Look to yourself before you look to others.